Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 16: More Digging

Today was just more digging and then we started building up a rock wall around the inside of the hole which will act as the base wall inside the nomadic tent we are building. So nothing really new is happening on the site.
Tonight we had a traditional Ladakhi meal made for us by this aw some family and the food was amazing, just as most all of the food here has been.
Tomorrow is my day off which will be really nice i can sleep in and take the day slow. I'm thinking about going up to see the Yogi Monks, their monastery is up in the mountains past the Hemis monastery where we went to the festival. It's about 13,000 ft up so that should be quite a hike, but i'm really for it.

Jullay,
Caty

P.S. Jullay (jew-lay) means Hello, Goodbye, Thank You and You're Welcome in Ladakhi, so it's pretty much the only word you need to know.

3 comments:

  1. Caty,
    I am really enjoying your blog. Your pictures are awsome.
    Enjoy your day off!!
    Jullay,
    Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Caty I am sorry I missed your call this morning,but sounds like you are out and about I know you are experencing some really wonderful memories.Are you going to be able to help with the Island Tea this year???.I am going to be the clown this year for the little kiddies. It made KC happy,and I will mke the browies again. Keep having fun. I love you lots, Nona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes of course i'll be at the tea, i wouldn't miss it. That will be lots of fun you being a clown, can't wait to se it. -Caty

    ReplyDelete